Thursday, September 24, 2009

Packing Day!

Well, it's finally here! The packers came yesterday, are finishing today and the moving truck comes this afternoon. All our belongings are being shipped to Kentucky tomorrow and hopefully will arrive on Monday. I have to admit that I felt guilty for about the first 10 minutes as the girls were going through Christmas decorations, packing dishes and clothes, while I, Aaron, and my mom sat back and watched. I got over that quick! Man, it is nice to not have to worry about that one bit!

There will be many things we will miss about Killeen. Mainly, our friends, my job, and Mrs. Jackie (Clara's day care provider). I'm sure come the cold Kentucky winter we will be missing the mild temps in Texas, too. But changes must occur when you are "married" to the Army. Aaron and I both have a suspicion that the Army will be calling us back to Ft. Hood eventually. If he goes to flight school (as planned) odds are he'll fly at Hood. Many chopper pilots get posted here and we could too. There was a day when we would have dreaded coming back to hot, sticky Texas. But, looking back on our time here we would not mind returning at all. Think of how easy it would be! I would have a job in a second (my boss here has already said she knows I'll be back and she'll be waiting to re-hire me), we know exactly where we would want to live, I will already have friends here that I'll be anxious to reunite with, and we won't have to learn about to the surrounding community. Time will tell. :)

My mom, Clara, and I will hit the road tomorrow morning to begin our journey to Ft. Knox. Aaron will stay back in Killeen until Monday to settle things with the house cleaners and rental company. He will meet us in Kentucky sometime Tuesday and hopefully arrive to a new house full of furniture!

No comments: