Sunday, November 22, 2009

A great weekend!

Well, last weekend was the exciting adventure in NYC, this weekend was a fun-filled weekend with a visit from Grandma and Papa! :) I just love watching my parents with Clara! They are so in love that little girl and enjoy every moment they have with her. Again, we were too busy having fun and enjoying the visit we didn't even click one picture. Sorry grandma and papa. But we had a very nice visit. Mom helped me do the grocery shopping for our Thanksgiving feast next week. Aaron has been working on the basement and he did more work on the bar and we got all of Clara's toys organized in shelves and bins. Aaron and dad hung up the Christmas light outside on the house. And Clara got lots of quality play, snuggle, bonding time with grandma and papa. The only disappointing event was that I didn't get to reignite my love affair with Edward and go see New Moon. My Twilight loving family and friends will understand what I mean. My mom and I got to the theater Saturday night only to discover that the shows were all sold out until 9:45. Well, I'm sorry Edward, I love you, but I'm too old to go to a 10:00 movie. Instead, my wonderful husband has volunteered to go with me next weekend to see it :) .

My big news this past week is twofold. I haven't been "sick" since the Wednesday before we left for New York!!!!!! Just like with Clara, when I hit 13 weeks, the sick, icky, tired junk disappeared! Now, at 14 weeks this past Thursday, I am feeling so much better. Second, I am back to work! I know, I know, it only took nearly 2 months, but finally everything has fallen in to place and I started my job at Ft. Knox last Wednesday. I see my first patient with Kentucky First Steps this next week. It feels amazingly well to be back to work. Not only because I truly enjoy my job, but because now I feel like my life is organized and routine again. It's incredible how being unemployed has a completely disorganizing, procrastinating effect on my life. Immediately, that first day back I felt like my life was back on track. I am motivated and disciplined with the tasks I need to accomplish. Of course, not feeling like crap probably has something to do with that, too!

Tomorrow is a busy day of silly in-processing stuff on post and work Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday, Turkey Day, we are hosting a feast for ourselves, Michelle, Scott & the kids, and several soldiers in Aaron's platoon. Wish me luck as I prepare my second Thanksgiving feast ever.

We hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving; we are thankful that we have each of you in our lives! xoxoxox

No comments: