Sunday, September 26, 2010

Colton is 4 months old!

This certainly will sound familiar....our little man is growing so fast! Here are his 4 month stats. If you compare them to the 3 month pics, you'll notice that he appears to have lost some weight. I doubt that! I'm chalking it up to the fact that the 3 month weight was "estimated" using our home scale formula of weigh mom, then weigh mom holding Colton and use the difference. His 4 month weight is pretty accurate as it was taken at the doctor's office during his check-up. Clearly our home method isn't very accurate! I recall that we had this same problem with Clara and making her onesies, too.  
      
Hey Mom! Whatcha need?

I'm a little busy now. Sucking my thumb...

...and playing with my feet.

Okay, I'm done! Here are my 4 month stats.
We experienced new milestone this past week. I spent Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in Nashville, for a work conference, by myself! That's right, no kids, no hubbie, just me and the ladies from work. They were able to pry me away from my babies for the first time ever for 4 days and 3 nights. It wasn't easy, but we all survived. My wonderful dad came down to help with the kiddos since Aaron's schedule is too unpredictable and he can't go in or get off at normal times for them to have just gone to daycare.

On Monday evening I spoke to my dad and he sounded completely exhausted! But, by Tuesday afternoon he was getting into a good rhythm and getting the hang of juggling two young children. My days and nights were spent pumping, meeting early intervention providers from other Army posts, networking, pumping, learning new work procedures and techniques, relaxing, pumping, enjoying some much needed down time, and, did I mention, pumping. All in all, I had a nice week and enjoyed my little break. That doesn't mean I didn't miss my babies like crazy and got home as fast as I could to snuggle and tuck them in on Thursday night.  I'm not anxious to do it again any time soon, but now I know I can!

Until next time, xoxoxox.

No comments: