Sunday, November 7, 2010

Baby Food Bonanza

Let the baby food making begin! It's that time of Colton's life to introduce baby food. Time to expand on the plain baby cereal - which he absolutely loves! He had avocado yesterday for the first time. That was Clara's first food (after cereal) and she couldn't get enough of it. Colton, on the other hand, wasn't super crazy about the avocado. I mixed it in with the cereal and voila! He loved it! I whipped up a large batch of avocado yesterday, sweet potatoes today, and I'm planning on bananas later this week.

I have to admit that the thought of making baby food this time around overwhelmed me for a bit. With Clara it was a breeze. Only one baby to care for and Aaron was deployed, so I spent evenings and weekend naptimes making countless batches of food. This time around I started to wonder how I would fit it in. But, I felt guilty even thinking about not doing it. Why should Colton get jipped just because he's the second? Now, I'm determined to provide him with the same homemade food his big sis enjoyed. I'm glad I'm doing it! As I was standing at the counter yesterday surrounded by avocados, ice cube trays, and the food processor I remembered how gratifying and pleasing the process is for me. I really enjoy making baby food for my kids. I guess it's similar to the pride and satisfaction I get from breast feeding. I know it'll be a lot of work, but I've decided I'm in for the long haul!

1 comment:

La Familia Gutierrez said...

Good for you- i actually found it easier with Sophie, just because I had already done it once and the task was familiar!