Sunday, August 14, 2011

Colton's First Haircut

We did it. My little baby boy got his first haircut. I had been putting it off, using the excuse of waiting for Aaron to be home. After all, a dad should be there for his son's first haircut. Deep down, I'll admit that I was being selfish and not wanting to loose all that beautiful soft, silky, curly baby hair.

Look at those curls! I don't want to say goodbye...

Ummmm? I'm not so sure about this...

Hey! If I get a sucker, this can't be that bad, right?

What happened next is far too painful and horrible to share in pictures. There was crying, screaming, squirming and attempts at escaping - a full out barber's nightmare. But, good ol' Johnny, the barber, did what had to be done and got the job completed.

Fully recovered, the morning after the haircut

Poor little Colton slept like a rock that afternoon. One of the things I have realized as a result of the trauma that was Colton's first haircut is this - A newborn baby boy with lots of beautiful hair may not be worth it. Far better to have a bald baby boy who can go longer than 14 months before needing his first haircut. The other is - It just may be another 14 months before Colton gets his hair cut again, or at least until Aaron is home to take him.

No comments: