Sunday, February 16, 2014

Six Years Old!

The Birthday Girl!
I know, I know! Time flies. They grow up so fast. Don't blink, your babies will be teenagers before you know. We are learning first hand exactly how true these statements are. Granted, we still have a while before we hit the teenage years. But, man! Our first baby is just getting so big, so fast. As I was laying in bed beside Clara tonight for good night hugs and kisses, she grabbed me tightly around the neck and held on. She said, "I'm just going to hug you forever." I was, I'll admit, greatly tempted to stay there all night long. I did enjoy the hug for a good long time. While I soaked in my little girl's love, I couldn't help but think, "before I know it, she won't want to do prayers and our special lullabies before bed and I'll be begging for never-ending hugs". Our baby girl is getting so big, so fast. It is a joy to witness her grow and I am reveling in the wonders she discovers as she grows.

Celebrating her sixth birthday was everything she'd hoped. First off, the lucky gal managed to arrange a snow day off of school for her birthday. Sure, the day before and the two following days were snow days, too, but she got to lounge in her jammies all day long! Grandma and papa visited. She got her favorite dinner, opened presents and got to eat purple heart cake! What six year old girl wouldn't be ecstatic?

Sis wanted mini heart cakes for her birthday cake!














Celebrating!

For the big celebration with our friends, a Barbie bowling party was planned and it was a blast! Kids bowled! Parents bowled! We ate pizza & cake, opened presents, laughed, celebrated, and had a wonderful day! Now, on to the next year of adventures!

Party time!

Yummy ice cream cake!
Make a wish!












No comments: