Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow Day!

Wooo hooo! We had a snow day today. It brings back fond memories of how awesome those rare days of childhood winters were. As of now we have about 6-7 inches on the ground and are supposed to get more tonight, but not much more. Nearly everything was closed today, even the garbage didn't get picked up. It looked so beautiful this morning I had to go out on the porch and take some pictures. I just love the trees when they are all covered in snow.

Clara and I enjoyed a nice relaxing morning, making banana pancakes for breakfast, doing a craft project and enjoying lunch. After nap time we went out to play in the snow and make a snowman. It is perfect packing snow. I'll admit our snowman isn't especially round, but he fits the bill.! Give me a little break, it's been decades since I've tackled a project like this!

Well, just wanted to post this quick. Time to go get dinner ready so we can eat when Aaron gets in from snow blowing the driveway. Not that I'm keeping track but I know my dad is....that's 3 times we've used the snow blower we weren't going to need!

No comments: