Thursday, April 29, 2010

3 Weeks & Counting

I can't believe it! Only about 3 weeks left until Baby arrives. Clara was a week early, and as much as I'd like to end the general discomfort of the end of the pregnancy, I'm not ready for him/her in 2 weeks! 3 weeks would be fine! But, of course, I know there's not much control I have over the matter.

We at least have made some progress with getting the house ready. Aaron swapped out my office furniture and put together the crib and moved the changing table into what will be Baby's room. I use the word "room" very loosely. Poor thing is barely bigger than a walk-in-closet and doesn't even have a door or a closet. It's basically a small bonus room upstairs that the furniture luckily fits in. It's the best we have at the moment. We didn't want to get rid of the spare bedroom since my parents come down to visit often and I don't want to get rid of that furniture, either. Aaron and I figured we probably won't be here long enough for Baby to even realize "Hey, how come my big sis has a real room and I'm stuck in this sardine-can-excuse-for-a-bedroom?" And, if we are, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it!

I did a bunch of baby laundry last weekend and we now have clean linens, blankets, and burp cloths. On the list for this weekend is washing clothes and covers for all the gear (swings, bouncy seat, car seats, play mat). Aaron is training in the field for 9 days and won't be home til next week so I'll have plenty of time to do all that and manage Clara, right? Well, it's supposed to be a rainy, stormy weekend, so the least I can do is toss some laundry in inbetween entertaining the munchkin and napping when she naps, right?

I'm going for weekly OB visits now. Everything is going right according to plan; good blood pressure for me, good heart rate for Baby, and belly measuring right on track. I found out today I am GBS+ just like with Clara, but at least this time we know what it means and know not to freak out like we did last time when we had no idea what it meant. Baby has "dropped" which gladly allows me to breathe easier and eat a bit more at meals, but annoyingly results in at least hourly (usually more frequent) trips to the bathroom.

That's the "Baby" update for now. I'll be sure to keep you posted. Until later...xoxoxox

No comments: