Friday, April 23, 2010

Catching Up...

Oops! Sorry, It's been quite a while since my last post. Things were really busy early in April with traveling to Detroit for Easter, Aaron working nearly 24 hours a day for 2 weeks with his leadership course, and then heading up to South Bend for grandpa's 80th birthday party. My energy level has been optimal on any given day past 7:00, so I'm sad to say our blog was the object of my neglect.

Congratulations are definitely in order for Aaron. He successfully completed the Army's Warrior Leadership Course, graduating as Honor Graduate. That means he was the 2nd top graduate in his class of over 100 soldiers. We are quite proud of him. It was a lot of work and I know he busted his butt every day he was there.

Easter weekend was quick, busy, but fun filled. We went to a few playgrounds with Auntie Keri, decorated eggs and celebrated Easter with the extended family.

Clara and her cousin Brooke in nearly matching Easter dresses


Spring has sprung in Kentucky in the past few weeks and my mom and sister has asked me to share pics of the daffodils and tulips Keri and I planted last fall.



We celebrated Aaron's birthday last week. It was more than a week late, but he was busy at his course on his actual birthday. I baked a cake and Clara helped me decorate it. Clara just loves singing "Happy Birthday" and, naturally, she loves eating the cake!


Clara is often coming home with different hair-do's than she left the house with in the morning. Playing so much, napping, and silky, wispy hair are not always conducive to her hair staying put. The other day topped it all. Connie french braided her hair! I couldn't believe it! It looked so cute. Most amazing to me was that Clara sat still long enough for Connie to do it. She will barely stay still long enough for me to put in two lopsided pigtails!

We made the trek up to South Bend last weekend. Aaron's grandpa was celebrating his 80th birthday with a family party. It was nice to see the fam and Clara hasn't stopped talking about playing with her cousin Madison and "baby", also known as Taylor.

The Barrett Family

Aaron, Clara, Kim, Sharon, Laura, Taylor, Jason, Lindsay, Madison, & David

That pretty much wraps up the past few weeks. We are four weeks to Baby's due date. We are still working on getting everything ready for his or her arrival. We are now to weekly doctor's visits. So far everything is on track. Baby is measuring right at 36 weeks with a good strong heart rate. He/she is beating me up from the inside out; I am so achy and sore most evenings. My sister will tell you I am "way cranky", but in my defense she only talks to me in the evening when I'm exhausted and completely beat!

I will try to keep up with things the next few weeks before Baby arrives. I can't believe we are getting so close!

No comments: