Thursday, July 1, 2010

Baby Birds

For the last several weeks a mama Morning Dove (thank you Keri!) has been taking care of two little eggs in a nest in a hanging pot on our porch. Now, it hasn't been easy, but, I've managed to keep the plant alive and allow the bird to "maintain residence" there! The other day we took a peek and sure enough, the eggs have hatched and there are two tiny Morning Doves! They are so cute. I managed to snap a quick pick while the mama was gone. I was careful not to get too close so as not to disturb things and scare the mama away. I just held the camera up to the pot and crossed my fingers that I had good aim!


Things here on our home front have been. Mother Nature gave us a reprieve from the icky, sticky, hot weather we've had recently and blessed us with several perfectly beautiful days. I spent them weeding the vegetable garden. And taking the kids to the playground. On a side note, it's amazing how easy it is to weed a garden when you let the weeds get out of control - they are so easy to grab and pull out! Mr. Colton kept me company while I dug in the dirt.

Colton napping while I do all the work weeding! Can you believe the nerve!

Well, we are heading up to Detroit tonight. Our plan is to leave after Colton nurses at 2:00/3:00 this morning. Aaron is sound asleep in bed now and I'm dilly-dallying on the computer! Sure, there's some more to do on the list, but this is more fun!

Have a happy and safe Fourth of July! xoxoxox

No comments: