Monday, February 21, 2011

Colton is 9 month old!

Can it be true? In three short months our little man is going to be one year old? That also means that by that time our 12 month deployment will nearly be half over! Woooo hooo!

So, I did it again! Colton's 8 month stats must have been a little off due to my inferior skill when it comes to accurately weighing and measuring him. I can attest that it must be my skills and not the fact that he's lost weight or not grown longer/taller, because that is definitely not the case. Unlike his sister who was wearing 9 month clothes at her 12 month doctor visit, this guy wore 12 month clothes to his 9 month visit.

Hey mom, am I getting big enough to help cook dinner?

I just can't get enough of those gorgeous blue eyes!
What is our little guy up to this month, you ask? Well, he's added quite a few talents to his resume. Colton is now an expert speed-crawler, a professional plant-puller, very skilled at annoying our cat by pulling whiskers, tail and grabbing his food (while Bailey is trying to eat it), and could win any contest that requires unrolling half a roll of toilet paper before a mom can quickly apply her eyeliner. Colton has also perfected the skill of following Clara. The phrases "Mom, come move Colton," "Mom, Colton has my hair," "Mom, Colton has my baby doll," "Mom, Colton...[fill-in-the-blank]..." have become quite common in our home these days. The one thing that hasn't changed is how much I love watching this little guy explore, learn, and adore his sister.

No comments: