Monday, February 21, 2011

Daddy's Little Girl

Clara is such an emotional, caring, sensitive young girl - and we love her so much because of that. It also has made for some very sweet and heart breaking moments during the past 46 days (but, who's counting).

Our little girl misses her daddy very much. Most of our moments are filled with smiles, laughter, and good times. But, in those little moments when she says things like "I just miss my daddy" or "I don't want my daddy doll or my daddy book, I want my REAL daddy" I can feel my heart ache and break in an instant. It just isn't fair for a sweet little girl to have to go through this. But then we look at pictures, talk about fun times, and think about what to tell daddy next time he calls or what to send in his next package and the smile returns to her face. These days of heartache will cower in the shadows of all the years of happiness when it's all said and done - I can only hope.

The Daddy Doll has been very useful these past 6 weeks, and I'm sure we'll get a lot more mileage out of it before Aaron returns. It's incredible how such a simple little pillow can offer some consolation. As Clara has pointed out, it's no substitute for the real thing, but it sure the heck is better than having nothing to hug! I've even been know to give it a quick kiss and squeeze!

No comments: