Friday, July 6, 2012

Some More S'mores, Please!!!

Yeah! I know, the title is pretty cliché, but I couldn't resist! A few weeks ago we had our new neighbors over for a little backyard campfire and some s'mores. They had us over earlier in the day for a bbq and some splashing on their inflatable water slide and pool, so, it only seemed fair to share our graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate! The kids were instant pals and couldn't wait to stay up late, eat some treats, and catch some fireflies.

Colton enjoying the flames. I have a feeling he's gonna grow up
to be enthralled with flames and things that go boom, just like his Daddy.

Clara enjoying her first ever s'more!
She's my daughter, so obviously she was addicted instantly!

Colton was little less excited about the triple goodness of the s'mores.
He preferred the marshmallow unroasted, all by itself,
and the graham cracker with chocolate on top.

Clara trying her hand at roasting a marshmallow.
It didn't last long, too smokey for her.

Our blue eyed boy. I could just smother that
face in kisses every day! Oh, wait...I do!

We had a great day with our new friends and can't wait to take advantage of having a great family with young children living right across the street. I forsee many more days and nights of smiles and happy memories in our futures!

No comments: