Sunday, June 7, 2009

Kim's Birthday Weekend!

Yep, a whole weekend, not just a birth"day"! Hey, when life is as busy as it is at the Barrett house mommy gets to celebrate all weekend long! On Friday, my actual birthday, Clara let me sleep in until 7:00 am! I did what all people should do on their birthday and went to the dentist. :) Clara and I spent the afternoon on the patio playing in the pool, pulling and playing with the grass and chasing bugs! It was marvelous! On Saturday we went to visit my friends and their new baby. Clara had a blast playing with their dogs and kissing baby Owen. On Sunday we went to church and then went to another friends' house to have fun in their pool. After that we got messy and creative! Clara and I painted a "Welcome Home" poster for Aaron. It was so messy and Clara loved every minute of it! I got some great pictures, but not too many because it was hard to stop her from painting the patio door and eating the paint and take pictures at the same time.

Our patriotic munchkin!
Hmmm? Somethings missing...It is complete! And I look like a masterpiece, too!

Keeping busy has been part of my "staying sane" plan. As the countdown for Aaron's homecoming enters it's final days it's getting harder to stay calm. It seems that with each minute that passes the next moves even more slowly. Staying at home and watching the clock tick tock at a snails pace is not an option! I spoke with him on Friday and he is doing well and is as anxious as me, if not more so, to come home. He can't wait to see Clara in person and witness all the amazing things she's achieved since he was home in February.

I will be sure to let you know when Aaron gets home. It should be soon, so very, very soon!

xoxoxoxox

No comments: