Monday, March 8, 2010

Why?

That's right, we've hit the "why's"! Most of the time it's pretty stinking cute; Aaron even says it's the cutest "why" ever. I will agree for the most part except that it's not so cute when it's being asked in a loud voice over and over and over again during mass this past Sunday. Which then resulted in a time out in the bathroom. Oh well, the trials and tribulations of a 2 year old!

We've had some fun since the last time I posted and update. Our temperatures are warming up and we had our first rainy day. Clara got all dressed up in her raincoat and rain boots. Since then she wants to wear the raincoat all the time! Most days it's been warm enough so we indulge her and it's become her new favorite jacket. She'd wear the boots too, but I do draw the line there... most days!

This weekend we had gorgeous weather! Mid 50's and ridiculously sunny - it was glorious. We've been thoroughly enjoying it, too. Lots of walks and short bike rides. When I say short, I mean down the driveway and barely 20 yards. I think she gets frustrated that she can't keep her feet on the pedals. She needs another 1/2 inch to reach then well. We need to get some blocks to put on them. We end up walking down the street instead while I push the tricycle. We like going to visit our neighbor Mrs. Peggy and her little dog Daisy. We went for a walk with her this weekend and Clara thought it was so much fun to walk with a doggie and hold Mrs. Peggy's hand.

We also took a trip to Funtopia on Saturday. It's the huge park in town and it's so much fun! Clara enjoyed the trip, but I think she had more fun relocating handfuls of wood chips then she did actually playing! It was a good lesson in sharing and taking turns since the place was jam packed. Here are a few super cute pics (we think). And pay attention, one of them has a decent profile of me; it may be the closest thing to a "belly pic" you get! There are more at the bottom of the blog page in the slideshow.

Clara has been very well with potty training. Most days she only wets or soils two diapers (not including overnight of course). The other times we got on the potty. Today we had a big "first" as she asked to go potty and then went pee pee and poop. I was so excited! She's asked to go potty before but never when she actually had to go. The other "first" today was Clara learned to open the refrigerator. That one's not so exciting.

Things with the pregnancy are going well. I passed my gestational diabetes test with flying colors. At the last check-up I was measuring exactly on track and baby's heartrate was great. My only complaint is the permanant resisdent of feet and/or butt I have in my ribs. I'm pretty much only comfortable when I'm standing or lying down...which means sitting on the couch now is getting uncomfortable and I'm going to sign off now.

Until later xoxoxoxox

No comments: