Sunday, March 27, 2011

We Love Retirement!

My parents' retirement that is! My dad has been making the solo trips down to help out and visit since he retired a while ago. Last week was my mom's turn! Now that she is officially retired she is able to come down and stay more for than just a long weekend. I even talked her into staying an extra day. After all, she couldn't use work as an excuse anymore!

Our long-distance contribution to Grandma's retirement party in February.
We had a really nice visit with my mom last weekend. She and Clara had a Date Day on Sunday that started with church, took them to Target, landed them at Big Boy for lunch, and ended with more shopping at Kohl's before heading home for nap time. My motivating mom helped me re-organize the pantries in the basement and in the kitchen; both of which were in desperate need for TLC. Brave Grandma even stayed home with the kids on Monday while I went to work. There was plenty of playing and plenty of fun and we can't wait for the next time.


No comments: