Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter 2011

The kids and I had a fabulous trip to Detroit for Easter this year. The adventure started with our flight to Detroit from Louisville. I had no idea what an undertaking I was embarking on, but I did know it could go great or horrible. It went great! Our kids were absolutely fabulous flying to and from Kentucky. Not only that, but, our travels reminded me that there are plenty of kind strangers out there, and like my friend said, "chivalry is still alive." Thank goodness that when perfect strangers saw this mom traveling alone with two young children they didn't hesitate to offer a helping hand. Whether it be closing and opening a stroller to get through security, holding open a door to get into a restroom, carrying a car seat off the plane and then all the way to baggage claim when our stroller was taken there instead of left at the gate, and many other little courtesies and blessings, it made our airport/airplane adventure the best it could have possibly been.

Our great experience getting to Detroit definitely put me in a great mood to start our actual visit. We had a great time visiting with friends, family, and playing....A LOT!

One of the highlights for Clara was our trip to Jungle Java! Oh, how I wish we had one in the Elizabethtown/Ft. Knox area. A coffee house/cafe with the most incredible indoor kids play equipment! I was so proud of our little Clara. She was climbing rope ladders, going down 4 level-high tube slides, and having a blast. Colton was just as busy exploring the baby/toddler area complete with tunnels, steps and slides. It was so much fun watching the kids have so much fun, and the coffee was good, too!



All in all, it was a great visit. I have more pictures that I'll post later this week. For now, it's getting late, so I'll leave you with our 2011 Easter pics.


No comments: